Friday, November 25, 2011

Holiday Gift Ideas for Montana History Enthusiasts

I am one of the few people that does not look forward to Black Friday. While I realize that in this economy it is important to make your dollars go as far as they can, I just can't embrace the idea of a shopping frenzy the day after Thanksgiving. For those of you like me, who like to do their shopping at a more leisurely pace I have some suggestions for the Montana History enthusiasts on your list.

The Montana Historical Society offers a good selection of books and other history related gifts, that would be good for family, friends, teachers or gift exchange gifts. Here are some of my favorites:

  • Books, those published by the Montana Historical Society Press as well as others. I am proud to say that my book, Montana Disasters: Fires, Floods and Other Catastrophes, is available both in the online catalog, as well as the gift shop at the Montana Historical Society Museum in Helena.
  • Montana Historical Society 2012 Calendar. Most of us use our computers and phones as calendars, but this one has photos from the archives. It is more than a calendar it is office decor.
  • Vintage Postcards from Montana and several Montana Cities. These would make a great gift exchange gift since they priced within the limits of many exchanges.
  • DVDs One of my favorites is Evelyn Cameron: Pictures from a Worthy Life
  • Bookmarks and other Stocking Stuffers
To access the Montana Historical Society Online Catalog go to https://app.mt.gov/store/cart?storeID=mhsonline

If you are in Helena, the Museum Gift Shop is located at 225 North Roberts The hours are available at their website http://mhs.mt.gov/

No comments:

Post a Comment