Thursday, April 19, 2012

Recommended Reading: I do: a cultural history of Montana weddings

Since there are two Montana weddings in the book that I currently writing, I was pleased to discover a new book on the topic at my local library.   I do : a cultural history of Montana weddings / by Kohl, Martha.  I found it to be well written.  It provided a look at weddings throughout Montana history, giving details of lavish weddings of some of Montana's more prosperous families as well as depression era weddings and everything in between.  I was hoping to find out a little more about Montana's marriage laws, and this book did touch on the subject briefly. Since I do not wish to include material that has been covered recently in other books, I was glad to find that the one of the weddings I am mentioning in my book is only mentioned briefly in this book and the other one is not mentioned at all.

Ms. Kohl is employed at the Montana Historical Society.


No comments:

Post a Comment