Monday, October 3, 2011

A Movie Recommendation

Over the weekend, my husband and I had a little free time so we decided to watch a movie. Since it was my turn to chose, I went the REDBOX with the hope of finding a good romantic comedy, or at least an action film with a limited amount of gore. Instead, I discovered one of the best movies I have watched in a very long time. The Conspirator, Produced and Directed by Robert Redford dramatized the trial of Mary Suratt, the woman who ran the boarding house that was frequented by John Wilkes Booth before he assassinated Abraham Lincoln. I was immediately drawn into the story. I came away with a reassurance that history is relevant. I believe the movie is rated PG-13.

While I usually focus on Montana history when posting on my blog. I think this movie deserves a mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment