Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Looking for Albert Johnson

On the front page of the May 25, 2012 Livingston Enterprise there is a story about a Salt Lake City family who found their long lost relative, buried at Mountain View Cemetery in Livingston.  I was especially interested in this story because I have been searching for years for my Grandfather. He was my Grandmother's second husband and he left Livingston in 1927, headed for Saint Paul to pick up a car. His name was Albert Johnson and the only thing I know of what happened to him was that my grandmother, Minnie Johnson received a telegram from a sheriff in North Dakota, telling her that he had put Albert on a train.  I have no idea why the sheriff was involved, but Albert never arrived in Livingston.  


Over the years I have searched for information about Grandfather, but with so little to go on, and the fact that Albert Johnson is such a common name, I have had little success.  After reading the of the success  these other people had finding out the fate of their long, lost family member it has given me a renewed hope that I will be able to find out what happened.  If anyone has any suggestions on ways to solve this mystery, I am all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment